This site helps to provide knowledge to those suffering from or have a love one suffering from all types of uterine cancer. Knowledge is the key to fighting a disease and getting back your health. No doctor is able to understand the disease in your body better than yourself.

.........................................................................................................

Now you can search this site for specific information with Google:

Google
 

Friday, January 15, 2010

Fertility drugs pose uterine cancer risk?

A new Danish study found some small increase in risk of uterine cancer in those using fertility drugs for long term.

How big is the risk exactly?

If I’m taking fertility drugs, should I be worried?

Which drugs exactly are studied?

What does all this mean?

According to this research paper published in December 2009 in American Journal of Epidemiology,:

1) Women who used follicle-stimulating hormone and human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG) for more than 10 years have a higher risk of uterine cancer.

2) Increase in risk of women taking six or more cycles of clomiphene, an established treatment for women not ovulating normally.

3) Increase in risk of women injected with six or more cycles of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), when clomiphene don’t work.

What does this study findings mean?

Do not be alarmed. There is NO big risk in using fertility drugs of developing uterine cancer.

When we are talking about the absolute risk of developing uterine cancer from using fertility drugs, it is very very small. So unless you’ve been using fertility drugs, specifically Clomiphene (trade name: Clomid, Serophene, Milophene etc), for at least 10 years, you shouldn’t be worried about this findings.

But the use of gonadotropins (follicle-stimulating hormone and human menopausal gonadotropin) does increased uterine cancer risk, the risk was primarily observed after 10 years of follow-up.

Again this is a small risk. Discuss with your doctor if you are on gonadotropins or clomiphene for the long term. Most of the time, the benefit outweigh the risks.

source

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Minimally invasive Myomectomy laparoscopic myomectomy has provided a minimally invasive alternative to laparotomy for intramural and subserous myomata. Laparoscopic myomectomy is associated with faster postoperative recovery, and could potentially reduce the risk of postoperative adhesions compared with laparotomy. Spontaneous uterine rupture, although uncommon after laparoscopic myomectomy, is still a concern.

Anxiety Drugs said...

La toma de medicamentos fertilizantes en realidad es muy buena y a mi pareereste articulo no deberia tomarse en cuenta ya que el riesgo se presenta de 10 aƱos de consumo lo cual en la mayoria de personas no se presenta.
Pero si usted sufre de cancer hydrocodone deberia ser tomado en cuenta en su tratamiento.

Anxiety Drugs said...

Taking fertility drugs is actually very good and my pareereste article should not be considered because the risk is 10 years of consumption which in most people does not arise.
But if you suffer from cancer hydrocodone should be taken into account in their treatmen.

Judloved said...

Appropriate treatment is determined by the doctor friend tom, however your advice is not bad, but as they say in the Findrxonline hydrocodone painkillers such that control chronic pain should be properly prescribed and that can cause nervous system problems if taken without medical prescription.

Unknown said...

I had cancer treatment a few years ago and it really is difficult to treat with chemotherapy, exams, and the painkillers known as Hydrocodone, Lorcet, Norco given to us to combat the pain of the disease.

Emerald Watson said...

Very well written and explained. Very clear and concise. Worth reading article about fertility drugs risk. Stay in touch and keep posting more.
arizona cancer treatment

Unknown said...

Endometrial Cancer or Uterine Cancer is caused by cancer cell growth directly on the lining of the uterus. Most women mistake the vaginal bleeding to be caused by menopause. Uterine cancer in Thailand

radiation side effects said...

Taking fertility drugs is actually very good
radiation side effects

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing good informative content here. It is really worth to know. Keep posting health related news like this which will help promote healthy living.

cancer treatment alternative

Unknown said...

Each one of us has cancer cells in their body. Cancer cells can not be detected through normal testing until they grow to the amount of several thousand million. Cancer cells will only be detected when it has grown to a size that can be detected.

Listed important information so we can take steps to prevent cancer:
Read more »

Amlan Ghosh said...

cancer treatment
urine cancer is most uncommon cancer as i heard.Fertility drug could be better.Great post.really informative.Thanks for sharing such a way.

Chelsea Hutsell said...

I am shocked! I am actually using fertility pills for about three years and counting and I am now scared that I am going to make an alternative cancer treatments for myself because of that. I just positively think that I can get over this and have a peaceful new year.

radiologistusa said...

Hello,
Thanks for sharing good informative post here. It is really worth to know. Keep posting health related news like this which will help promote healthy living.
Cancer treatment Florida

Unknown said...

now this is an intriguing issue, we can certainly find alternative treatments for cancer and will definitely be effective.

Alex said...

Nice article. I think it is useful and unique article. I love this kind of article and this kind of blog. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.
PRP Hair Restoration

Anonymous said...

I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....